Sorry I'm late with this... It's been a zoo around here..
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I'm not too picky when it comes to yarn. I've just really started getting more into my knitting. So I'm open to most yarns.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I'm not fond of Homespun or Boucle yarns.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
My knitting needles are in a basket and crochet hooks in a zipper pencil pouch.
I have a pattern to make a fabric holder for my circulars. I just need to find the time to make it.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?
My step mom tried to teach me about 14 yrs ago and it didn't work so she taught me to crochet. Which I picked up great...
My grandma finally taught me about 6 yrs ago. It took me away to get hooked on knitting.
I've really have gotten into knitting with in the last year or so...
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I would say almost intermediate. I have lots of techniques to try.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list.
5. What's your favorite scent?
Tropical smells, cucumber melon, any melon or fruit smells.
Not a fan of floral or lavender.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Reese peanut butter cups and Creme Savers and white chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Knit, Crochet, Sew, Quilt and one stroke painting.
Do you spin? Not yet, wait for my kids to leave so I have money to dive right into spinning. I have a long wait, my youngest is 3 1/2 yrs.
8. What kind of music do you like?
I like about anything. Country, Pop, R&B, Reggae, Top 40's, some rap. I just got a Celtic Woman Cd I really like.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s?
I have an IPod and my puter
(if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
9. What's your favorite color(s)?
Where to start...
Purples, blues, corals, peaches, pinks, browns, creams, sagey greens, wine,teals.
Any colors you just can't stand?
oranges and reds
10. What is your family situation?
Not legal Married but been together for over 12 yrs... I KNOW we should make it legal. (someday) We have 2 kids. Son, age 11 and a daughter 3 1/2.
Do you have any pets?
Yes, one prima donna cat.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes to scarves.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hmm right now Dishclothes. I'm hoping after school startes it will be socks.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Dishcloth for an exchange and a KAL dishcloth. And a KAL Shawl.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
YEP!!! I love them...
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Turbo Addi's. I'm saving up or going to ask Santa for a set of KnitPick Options.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder...
One day would like to get a swift, right now I have my son's arms..LOL
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My oldest knitted UFO is a Black and Yellow scarf made with Black yarn and Yellow Fun Fur. Started about 1 1/2 ago. I'm making it for my favorite football team. Pittsburgh Steelers. I might go dig it up now and finish it.
My oldest crochet UFO is a pointsette and pineapple doily start about a 9 months ago... Nope not going to dig that on up yet...
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Is CHRISTMAS!! I don't fond of the hustle and bustle but love the music, decorating, baking cookies and time with my kids.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, fabric, patterns...
Tea cups, butterflies, roses, teapots, Snowmen.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Debbie Macomber Knit Along Debbie's Favorites
Self stripping sock yarns
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have a subscription to Creative Knitting.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
How to knit socks...
22. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet, going to try once son is back in school.
What are your foot measurements?
I'm a size 7 1/2 shoes. Don't know how to measure my feet for socks yet...
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Nope, don't know when I will be. I'm afraid to see where I stand in the invite line. LOL
I just looked it up and here is where I stand...
You signed up on June 28, 2007
You are #11436 on the list.
2059 people are ahead of you in line.
15183 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far